Specialization: Pediatrics Lactation
MBBS from seth G S medical college. DCH from Nair Hospital. Working with babies since 21 years
I have attended and conducted work shops to train mothers for breastfeeding and lactation.at state and national level
Breastfeeding counselor – to ISP ART of parenting programme which helps couples to identify the physical, emotional and mental needs of their babies right from the time of conception.
After having 11 years of experience in attending deliveries and catering to babies have developed a passion in helping mothers breastfeed.
Have been certified as an lactation consultant in july 2009. IBCLC.
Have conducted workshops with WHO AND UNICEF under the guidance of BPNI Maharastra to train other medical and paramedical staff and improve the malnutrition rate of India.
● Provide consultation to breastfeeding mothers with low milk supply, nipple problems and abnormalities, engorgement, mastitis, breast abscess, low birth weight and preterm babies, tongue tie, breast refusal, twins, working mothers, relactation, etc.
Good orator –have addressed a variety of groups such as Pregnant couples, College students, Senior citizens, Lions and Rotary Club Members. Have provided lactation training to Doctors, Medical students, Nursing staff, Anganwadi health workers(ICDS) , aspiring mother support group leaders
● Have conducted Infant and Young Child Nutrition (IYCN) training workshops-Sensitization (1day-6 hours) and TOT (Training of trainers-3days-18 hours) for Health Care Professionals, Anganwadi health workers and supervisors under the government’s Integrated Child Development Scheme(ICDS)
- Multiple awards for recognition in work of lactation
- Distinctions in pathology and Microbiology.
- Gold medal for securing highest marks in pharmacology in 2 MBBS in Mumbai University.
- Stood 1st in Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune in 1st MBBS.
- Interesting Neurological Case presentations IAP-AAP-CME-2000, Mumbai
- Pediatric Radiological Meeting Interesting Case Discussion B.Y.L Nair Hospital 2001, Mumbai.
- Poster présentation “Lennox Gastaut Syndrome. Embicon 2000, 1st prize Mumbai,
Publication Book / Journals:
Lennox Gastaut Sydrome Nov 2003 Vol 56 The Indian Practitioner
- Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai Branch
- Member and senior faculty of BREAST FEEDING PROMOTION NETWORK OF INDIA.
- Member of ilca.
- Country representative if IMBCI. International mother baby care initiative. www.imbci.org
- Lactation consultant with birth India.www.birthindia.org
UPGRADATION OF SKILLS
- PALS Course
- Breastfeeding and Lactation Management In-service Training Course
- NALS Course Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Golden hour emergency GEMS course by INDIAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS .
Dissertation Topic was “Evaluation of SPECT Scan in Resistant Epilepsy
- MMC 86175