Consultant Medical Oncologist, Mangalore Institute of Oncology (MIO), Mangalore. Medical oncologist (Cancer Specialist) offering multidisciplinary care to patients.
Offer chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, targeted therapy, information on molecular testing & recent advances and comprehensive cancer care. Focus on maintaining good quality of life when attempting treatment. Passionate about oncology and compassionate towards my patients. Keen areas of interest include – breast cancer, lung cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, myeloma and lymphoma.”
Prasad V, Kumar H, Mailankody S. The Ethics of Clinical Trials in the Low Resource Settings: Lessons from Recent Trials in Cancer Medicine. Journal of Global Oncology 2016;
Kumar H, Fojo T, Mailankody S. Raising the Bar for Oncology Clinical Trials: An Appraisal of the Clinically Meningful Outcomes Guidelines. JAMA Oncol. 2, 1238–1240 (2016).
Kumar, H., Mehra, N., Ganesan, P., Radhakrishnan, V., Dhanushkodi, M., P K, J., Ganesan et al. Patterns of Infection and Mortality Associated with Intensive AML Induction Therapy:
10 Year Experience from a Tertiary Cancer Centre in India. Blood, 132(Suppl 1), 4008. Kumar H, S.V. Saju, Radhakrishnan V, Raja A, Ganesan T. S, Dhanushkodi M et al. Analysis of extra-cranial germ cell tumors in male children: Experience from a single centre in India, Pediatric Hematology Oncology Journal, 5:2, 37-42. Kumar H, Shetty N. Primum non nocere. Cancer Res Stat Treat 2020;
- MBBS Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- MD (General Medicine) Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute
- DM – Medical Oncology Cancer Institute, Adyar, Chennai
- Medical Oncology
Awards and Recognitions
- Gold Medalist – MGR University – DM Medical Oncology ( 2019 )
- Torrent Young Scholar Award – National winner ( 2018 )
- European Society of Medical Oncology Certification Exam, Top 5 in the world (only one from India) ( 2019 )
- KMC 94422