Specialization: Family Physician, Medical examiner of Sea Farers , Primary Care Physician
Associate professor in dept of Community Medicine, Sree Mookambika Institue of Medical Sciences, Kulashekaram, Tamil Nadu.
- Medical Officer, St Francis Medicare, Near Domestic Terminal, Trivandrum. Kerala, India from 18th December 2006 to 30th April 2009
- Junior Resident for 3 years & 5 months in Dept. Of Community Medicine, RMMCH, Chidambaram, Tamilnadu, India, from 2009 May to 2012 October.
- Assistant Professor & Epidemiologist in Department of Community Medicine, Dr.Somervell Memorial C.S.I. Medical College & Hospital, Karakonam, Trivandrum, Kerala, India from 6th December 2012 to 31st January 2017.
- Associate Professor in Department of Community Medicine, Dr Somervell Memorial C.S.I. Medical College & Hospital, Karakonam, Trivandrum, Kerala, India from 1st January 2017 to 4th December 2018.
- Associate Professor in Department of Community Medicine, SUT Academy of Medical Sciences, Vattapara, Trivandrum, Kerala, India, from 5th December 2018 to 5th November 2020.
• Associate Professor in the Department of Community Medicine, Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kulashekaram, Tamil Nadu
• International Conference on Health Systems Strengthening, 2010.
• Special National Course on Health Promotion, BITS Pilani, 2010.
• Research Methodology Workshop, Chidambaram, 2009.
- Certificate in Basic Course in Medical Education Technologies (Teachers Training) from MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDA –under MCI Regional Center, Govt. Medical College, Kottayam, Kerala.
• Workshop on “Student Support and Guidance Programme-Training for Nodal Faculty Officers”, Kerala University of Health Sciences.
Research & Publication
“1. A study on morbidity profile among elderly persons in a rural area of Kozhikode district, Kalathingal HK, Xavier AU. J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc. 2016; 3(95), 5246-5249. DOI: 10.18410/jebmh/2016
- Prevalence and associated socio-demographic factors of smoking among males in a rural area of Kozhikode district, Kalathingal HK, Xavier AU. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2017;6(3):167-170, DOI: 10.14260/Jemds/2017/
- Dietary pattern and nutritional status among lactating women in North Karnataka ,International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health. Xavier AU et al. Int. J Community Med Public Health. 2020 May;7(5)
4. Profile of cancer patients attending a tertiary care center, Xavier AU. Amgias Vasanth AM. International Journal of Medical Research and Review. January – February, 2020/ Vol. 8/Issue 01”
- Family Physician
- Medical Examiner of Seafarers
- Primary Care Physician
Awards and Recognitions
- Manual Excellent Award for outstanding health care services, from the Ministry of Health, Kerala. ( 2015 )
- Thilakan Award for social service in the Coastal areas in Trivandrum, received from the Honorable Speaker of Kerala Legislative Assembly. ( 2015 )
- TCMC 36457 & MCI 29703