Specialization: Internal Medicine/Hospice
American board of Internal medicine certified Florida board of medical licensed. Currently preparing for American board of aesthetic medicine and hospice director medical position. Experienced Attending Physician with solid practice experience in Internal Medicine and Hospice settings.
Analytical problem solver with detail-oriented and driven nature focused on improving processes and optimizing patient care. Current Attending Physician and MD certifications. Adept at diagnosing conditions and developing treatment plans while helping junior medical professionals learn to do the same.
Familiar with completing rounds, reviewing records and educating patients and families. Highly-qualified Physician with extensive training in Internal Medicine and Hospice.
Awards and Achievements
- Recipient of 2020 Gold Humanism Honor Award
- Recipient of 2022 Philip Goldstein, MD Memorial Award
Research & Publications
- Ruiz, J.G., Priyadarshni, S., Rahaman, Z. et al. Validation of an automatically generated screening score for frailty: the care assessment need (CAN) score. BMC Geriatr 18, 106 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-018-0802-7
- Ruiz, J.G., Rahaman, Z., Dang, S. et al. Association of the CAN score with the FRAIL scale in community dwelling older adults. Aging Clin Exp Res 30, 1241–1245 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40520-018-0910-4
- SHIVANI PRIYADARSHNI, SRUTHI NELLURI, ZUBAIR RAHAMAN, MICHAEL J. MINTZER, STUTI DANG, WILLY MARCOS VALENCIA, JORGE G. RUIZ; Frailty and Health Care Utilization among Community-Dwelling Older Patients with Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetes 1 July 2018; 67 (Supplement_1): 1468–P.