Specialization: Head & Neck Surgery, Cochlear Implant for Severe Deafness, Allergy & Thyroid issues, Allergic Disorders, Vertigo, Snoring & Sleep Disorders.
In 1997, he founded Santhwana ENT Hospital at Trivandrum, the first ENT Specialty hospital in Kerala state, exclusively devoted to advanced treatment of ear, nose, throat, head and neck ailments, affordable especially to the lower income population. Santhwana Hospital has emerged to become one of the most advanced facilities, offering medical treatment in this specialized area, catering to around 40,000 patients every year, for the last 21 years. Passing on the benefit of his expertise and experience to the younger generation of doctors, Dr.John Panicker has since then, trained several ENT specialists and surgeons in the latest surgical and treatment techniques.
Many upcoming and experienced doctors have acknowledged Santhwana Hospital as their training ground. As early as in 1994, Dr.Panicker was instrumental in organizing the very first live Head & Neck Surgery video workshop, jointly with Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum; for the first time in Kerala state. This is now being followed as a standard training model on a regular basis. As a lead faculty, he has also organized many workshops and conferences in Otolaryngology to provide Continuing Medical Education to practicing ENT doctors. He is also Honorary Consultant at the Sree Chitra Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Govt of India, Trivandrum.
- Asst.Surgeon, Kerala Health Services, 1979-1995
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, GG Hospital, Trivandrum, 1995-1997
- Medical Supdt. & Senior ENT Consultant
- Santhwana Hospital, Trivandrum from 1997 onwards.
- Membership in Professional Bodies
- Life Member, Indian Medical Association & President, IMA, Trivandrum Life Member, Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI)
- Life Member, Indian Academy of Otolaryngologists, Head & Neck Surgeons (IAOHNS)
- Life Member, Phono Surgeons of India Life Member, Indian Society of Otology (ISO)
- Life Member, Head & Neck Oncology Society of India
Awards & Achievements:
- Best Doctor Award from Government of Kerala 2007
- Distinguished Service Award from AAPI ( USA) & AKMG ( USA)
- distinguished President’s Award of IMA, ( Indian Medical Association )
- Distinguished Alumnus, Trivandrum Medical College
- TCMC 8371